Union Hospital underwent a major expansion, completed in 2003, which continues our commitment to build a more perfect Union

Union Hospital's commitment to quality complements our ongoing record of growth and constant improvement

For more than 100 years, Union Hospital has continually surpassed the popular perception of what to expect from a community hospital.

Founded in 1906 to serve the cities of New Philadelphia, Dover and other Tuscarawas County communities, Union Hospital has become the modern centerpiece of a 25-acre medical campus. Surrounding the hospital are physician office buildings, outpatient rehabilitation and sports medicine center, and a mental healthcare agency. Nearby off-campus facilities include the Tuscarawas Ambulatory Surgery Center, WorkWell Occupational Medicine Center, and FirstCare urgent care center.

As a result, Union is able to offer a comprehensive, state-of-the-art collection of diagnostic, surgical and therapeutic services within convenient reach of each other.

Our continual growth is fueled by upward trends in both outpatient and inpatient services. Plus, Union benefits from private contributions as well as public bond monies, enhanced by our position as the center of health care for the region's nearly 100,000 residents.

Click on the photos below to see a sampling of our medical campus.